Thursday, April 8, 2010

Show and Tell 6 - Better Version of Cateogorization

I found a better showing of categories on the web. I found this on MSN's homepage yesterday. The title said "13 things that every girl needs" or something like that. It sounded intriguing so I clicked on it. Then I realized it was perfect for this Show and Tell Project.

This was the main page. It shows interesting layout with the pictures, while still making the title of the article and the accompanying intro text very visible. The menu options at the top of the page are also clear and easy to navigate.


Once I clicked on "View Slideshow," there were several slides that showed objects - pieces of clothing, shoes, etc. Each one had a good use of white space and you could click to the next object/screen by clicking on the arrow. It was like a PowerPoint presentation in that there was a slight "sliding" transition in between each screen...not just taking you to a new screen...almost like a real slideshow.

You can see when I put my cursor in a certain spot on the page, options were presented to me (want it, share it and add to scrapbook). I thought that was original. Also, on the left hand side was other sidebar information (each picture contained a different link) leading the viewer to other related articles within the same website.

Below are three examples of the 13 slides:





No comments:

Post a Comment