The first photograph was found online on BonAppetite.com. I thought the colors were really rich and gave the viewer a sense of the texture of both the ice cream and the chocolate mousse. Great detail can be seen and because the picture is obviously taken with a professional camera, the image is crisp and clear. You feel as though you can reach out and touch the chocolate sauce. The contrast of the white and dark is also very appealing to the eye. I feel this the picture is also sexy and sensual, and we all know sex sells because it appeals to everyone. And lastly, and probably most importantly, who doesn't like ice cream and chocolate? This picture fits everyone's tastes!The second pho
tograph was found after multiple searching through restaurant and food reviews. It was found on Boise Weekly's website (www.boiseweekly). I feel this picture is just plain dreadful. It doesn't make the viewer want to try this restaurant or its food. It isn't appetizing; it actually repels me, personally. The title of the reviewed restaurant insinuates the establishment sells tacos (Tacos El Torito), but ironically, there are no tacos in this photograph. And worse yet, the drink in this photograph looks like the concoction you made in 3rd grade when you and your buddies at the cafeteria table put together everyone's leftover drinks - before you dared someone to drink it. Nothing in this photograph screams "come eat at our restaurant." Not even a whisper, actually. I didn't read the review because the photograph turned me off, but if the review was intended to be positive, this photograph completely negates that.

You are absolutely right about the chocolate and ice cream photograph. I love how the chocolate shines.
ReplyDelete